They may look like your grandmother’s wallpaper, but these retro oral prints aren’t for wallowers.
- BOOTS $1,325, Roger Vivier
- CROP TOP $340, Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini
- BAG from $2,900, Fendi
- BAG $695, Coach 1941
- DRESS $1,995, Michael Kors Collection
- BROOCHES prices upon request, Buccellati
- BAG $2,280, Miu Miu
- SHOES $650, Chloé
- DRESS $790, Golden Goose Deluxe Brand
- BOOTS $1,050, Fendi
- BAG $3,210, Prada
Best Accessories – Asia Provocateur
Designers look East with accessories that capture the spirit of the Orient
Fresh Pick: Wear this Japanese geta-inspired sandal bare in the summer, or with tabi-style socks (as the geisha do) in the spring.
SHOES $890, Miu Miu.
In The Fold: An origami-like triangle pattern makes this bag a cut above the rest.
BAG $3,400, Salvatore Ferragamo.
Best Accessories – Louis Vuitton Bag
Good To Go: A crisscrossed leather tote big enough to hold your iPad checks every box.
BAG $3,850, Louis Vuitton.
David Webb Cuff
Make A Mark: The jade top on this cuff echoes ancient Chinese seals that were once used by emperors to stamp correspondence.
CUFF price upon request, David Webb
Anthony Vaccarello Bag
Swing Time: This carryall’s tassel recalls traditional Chinese lanterns.
BAG $2,850, Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello.
Proenza Schouler Shoes
Upwardly Mobile: Weaving your way through a crowd is much more fun with a ve-inch boost. SHOES $1,595, Proenza Schouler.
The Shopping List
Sea Level: The nautical trend shifts course for modern, more-Frenchified shores with voluminous pants, asymmetrical trench coats, and luxe leather accessories.
1. The Belted Trench: Coat $2,995, Michael Kors Collection.
2. The Menswear-Inspired Watch: Watch price upon request, Rolex.
3. The Geometric Necklace: Necklace from $750, Paolo Costagli.
4. The Striped Knit: Sweater $250, S.N.S. Herning.
5. The Ultra- Wide-Leg Pant: Pants $840, Sonia Rykiel.
6. The Delicate Cuff: Bracelet price upon request, Ofée.
7. The Cool Carry-On: Luggage price upon request, Tod’s.
8. The Sporty Aviators: Sunglasses $700, Thom Browne.
9. The Cheeky Tote: Bag price upon request, Hermès.
10. The Sturdy Sandal: Sandals $1,250, Ellery.
The Look Punkish chokers, bustiers, and combat boots breathe new life into your favorite romantic peasant dress.
- The Dress: Offset A Longer Hem And Demure Floral Print With Flashes Of Skin Around The Neckline. $945, Marianna Senchina.
- The Accessories: Reach For A Thick Belt (Or Bustier) To Add Structure, And For Gothic Jewelry To Play Up The Medieval Vibe. $525, Mateo New York.
- The Shoe: Tough Combat Boots Are An Unexpected Pick That Takes The Look From Girly To Gritty. $1,995, Alexander McQueen.
Fashion Alert: Style News You Need To Know Now By Carolina O’neill
Trunk Show: Perennially on the go, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana have channeled their love for travel into the brand’s new Lucia bag — its buckled clasp was inspired by vintage trunk closures. From Left: BAG $3,695, BAG $2,645, BAG $4,895, Dolce & Gabbana.
Case On Point: Let’s be real – your phone is the only must – have accessory this season, The way to dress it up is with Louis Vuitton’s new cases, modeled after the Petite Malle bags designer Nicolas Ghesquière debuted in fall 2014.
Paint Job: The Lady Dior bag gets the modern-art treatment! Seven British and American artists, including Ian Davenport, Marc Quinn, and Daniel Gordon, translate their techniques onto limited-edition styles, available this month. BAG from $3,900, Dior.
Keeping Watch – Intriguing inspirations and clever design innovations turn these timepieces into traveling conversation starters.
- Break the Ice: To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its Royal Oak collection (originally conceived by Jacqueline Dimier), Audemars Piguet enlisted jewelry designer Carolina Bucci to give this piece a “frosted” look—which dials up the shine without actually using any diamonds.
WATCH (available in March), price upon request, Audemars Piguet.
- Power Hour: Rolex upgrades its iconic Pearlmaster with rose-gold hardware and a serious sprinkling of diamonds—oh, and a whopping 14 design patents. WATCH price upon request, Rolex.
- The Royal Oak Frosted Gold watch from Audemars Piguet.
- Buckle Up: Press The Button Below The Dial To Release The Strap Like A Seat Belt For Easy Changing (It Was Inspired By Ferrari, For Which Hublot Is The Official Timekeeper). WATCH price upon request, Hublot.
- Under Cover: Samsung And De Grisogono Team Up On A Timepiece That Looks Like A Classic But Turns Into A Smart Watch When You Rotate The Bezel To Access Its Suite Of Applications And Tech Features. Watch $14,700, Samsung Gear S2 by de Grisogono.
- Go Time: When avid traveler François Constantin joined the company Swiss watchmaker Jean-Marc Vacheron had founded in 1755, he transformed it into a worldwide household name. This style (whose bezel reminds us of a ship’s wheel) nods to that same spirit of adventure. WATCH price upon request, Vacheron Constantin.